Pizza piezza is the brainchild of Ahmad Gozali, chef de cuisine at Sapori Deli restaurant in Fairmont Jakarta hotel.
Inspired by martabak telur (Indonesian savory crepe), Ahmad had a lightbulb moment while craving for telur dadar (omelet).
“When I went to take chilies on the counter, I saw my staff making Bolognese sauce. I thought it would be great to combine the omelet and Bolognese,” he said.
Pizza piezza is available at the hotel's Sapori Deli during the holy month of Ramadhan. However, those wanting to create the dish at home may want to check the recipe below. (asw)
Read also: Indonesians uphold tradition to welcome Ramadhan
- 1-kilogram flour
- 15 grams yeast
- 800 ml water
- 250 ml olive oil
- 10 grams salt
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1-kilogram minced beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce pizza
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped leek
- 30 grams red onion
- 1 teaspoon chili
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 5 grams Mozzarella cheese
- 3-4 slices of smoked chicken ham
- In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast and water. Mix well, hand knead until dough is smooth.
- Add olive oil and salt to mixture. Mix well. Knead until dough is smooth and surface becomes shiny. Keep for 36 hours.
- Separate the dough into six or eight pieces. Put aside.
- Put onion, carrot, garlic and leek in a pan. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add minced beef. Sauté until cooked. Put aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix Bolognese with eggs and tomato sauce.
- Add leek, onion and chili to mixture. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil, parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese to mixture. Mix well.
- Roll pizza dough until thin.
- Lay smoked chicken ham on pizza dough. Put it closely, make sure not to leave any space between the ham slices.
- Pour pizza sauce on top of smoked chicken ham. Top with parmesan cheese and mozzarella and season with pepper.
- Fold dough into square.
- Pour tomato, parmesan and olive oil on top of pizza dough.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Celsius. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.