Playwright N. Riantiarno is a visionary with a mission
PREMIUM N. RIANTIARNO: (JP/Arief Suhardiman) Rumah Kertas ( 1977 ), Teater KOMA's first production, is still remembered as a poetic, bittersweet story of the love between prostitute Kiki and destitute Kuku. Kiki gets syphilis, which eventually blinds both her and her lover. They find some refuge in a slum community, but are then evicted by the security officers serving a brutal despot. This play ...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga