Remy Sylado: Bringing social issues to the stage
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM REMY SYLADO: (JP/A. Junaidi)Social problems, such as corruption and health issues, could be discussed through art works, including theater performances. That is the idea of multi-talented artist Remy Sylado, who includes social issues in his theater script Bawang Putih, Bawang Merah, Bawang Bombay (Garlic, Shallot, Onion). The script, which was inspired by local "Cinderella stor...
- Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Lawmakers turn up in droves for election bill showdown
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Global drug rings target Indonesia after shifting from Philippines: BNN
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- Hizbut Tahrir may file lawsuit against disbandment: Police
- Halal certification shouldn’t burden industry: F&B producers