House approves Boediono as central bank governor
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM FIT AND PROPER: Photographers take the picture of Coordinating Minister for the Economy Boediono before the start of a "fit-and-proper" test held by the House of Representatives (DPR) on Monday. Boediono, the sole candidate proposed by the government to head Bank Indonesia, needs to secure the House's approval to fill the central bank's top position. (JP/R. Berto Wedhatama) As Ind...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- We deserve more choices
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Wiji Thukul's daughter heals tragedy with poetry