Parties get behind oil price hike
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Major political parties are throwing their support behind the government's unpopular plan to raise fuel prices early next month. The United Development Party (PPP), the third-largest faction in the House of Representatives, is the latest party to publicly declare its support for the controversial policy. PPP chairman Suryadharma Ali said Saturday his party understood why the govern...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law