Editorial: Stepping up banking oversight
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Preliminary investigations that led to the arrest of the former chief executive officer and chairman (shareholder) of Bank Century immediately after its recent bailout revealed how the bank's management and controlling owners had thrown out the window almost all regulations on prudential banking operations. These findings also showed how the central bank should have acted earlier to close...
- BNPB prepared for Mount Agung eruption: Head
- Govt picks Inalum to buy Freeport’s shares
- First Karangasem Travel Mart a huge success
- Maria lashes US Virgin Islands as Puerto Rico prepares for impact
- Tourism Ministry attracts European investors at London's 'Indonesia Briefing'
- HIV/AIDS prevention should also focus on men, not just sex workers: Djarot
- Brie Larson makes set appearance for ‘Avengers’ movie
- Deutsche Bank interested in helping SOEs buy Freeport’s shares
- ‘Marlina the Murderer in Four Acts’ to be screened in 18 countries
- Melania ads removed following Trump lawyer's complaint