Editorial: Stepping up banking oversight
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Preliminary investigations that led to the arrest of the former chief executive officer and chairman (shareholder) of Bank Century immediately after its recent bailout revealed how the bank's management and controlling owners had thrown out the window almost all regulations on prudential banking operations. These findings also showed how the central bank should have acted earlier to close...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga