Shoe-thrower, a hero?
PREMIUM After a number of disconcerting facts regarding the downfall of media institutions which were affected by the global financial crisis, international journalism ended spectacularly this year by the shoe incident during a recent press conference in Iraq. Iraqi TV journalist Muntazer al-Zaidi's action has ignited debate and controversy among media practitioners and consumers. Some people du...
- Merapi coffee shop draws tourists to Sleman
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- Female baristas serve free coffee at Jakarta Kota Station