Ampera village: An oasis in a former battlefield
M. Azis Tunny,
The Jakarta Post,
PREMIUM Residents of Ampera subdistrict, Masohi district in Central Maluku regency, say they refuse to be caught up in another conflict, after previous riots rendered them homeless victims. When sectarian riots rocked Masohi, growing out of the conflict in Ambon in December 1999, Muslim and Christian communities in Ampera were forced from their homes as their area became one of the battle zones. ...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- NTB creates task force to tackle garbage on Mt Rinjani
- Jakarta Council sees decline in performance of 'orange troops'
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media