Liquidity clog may ease in 6 months: BI
Rendi A. Witular
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Bank Indonesia Governor Boediono sees a relief in the global liquidity squeeze within the next six months as terrified investors will eventually resurface after seeking shelter in safe-haven instruments. Indonesia is seeking a larger chunk of a currency swap agreement with Japan, more than US$6 billion, to help ward off the rupiah’s decline and strengthen the already diminishing foreign c...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- NTB creates task force to tackle garbage on Mt Rinjani
- Jakarta Council sees decline in performance of 'orange troops'
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media