Motorcycle sales slowest in 18 months on economic downturn
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Sales of new motorcycles nose-dived by 22 percent in January as the country started to feel the full impact of the global economic crisis and downturn which has already triggered a wave of job layoffs. Motorcycle producers, who are mostly Japanese based, only sold 367,736 units in January as against 473,060 units in the same period of 2008, according to the Indonesian Motorcycle Industry As...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Opposition questions Jokowi’s policy on foreign workers
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance