Festival ends, reaches out to clerics
THE JAKARTA POST
PREMIUM The first ever yoga festival held in Indonesia ended Tuesday with a declaration that some saw as an attempt to reach out to Islamic clerics. In January this year, the Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI) issued a fatwa (edict) saying it was forbidden for Muslims to take part in certain aspects of yoga that incorporated ritualistic movements and chants. The ban apes a similar edict in neighbo...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Sleman promotes batik with Sleman Creative Award 2017
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears