Jason Monet: A life lived large (in memoriam)
Marcelle Monet and Trisha Sertori
PREMIUM Bali-based artist and conservation activist Jason William Francis Monet was a charismatic, larger-than-life figure, the bold strokes of his paintings echoing the scale on which he lived his life. Born on May 3, 1938, in Sutton Dwellings in London, Jason's earliest memories were of a world at war. His father, one-legged Edwin Daw, injured in the World War I, welcomed his ninth son with a shock...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'