Easter celebration Javanese style in Ganjuran
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Quite different from the way most Christians celebrate Easter, Gereja Hati Kudus (Holy Heart Church) in Ganjuran, Bambanglipuro, Bantul will celebrate it in Javanese style using local tradition. This year's Easter celebrations, according to the secretary of the parish board, Tunggul Pamungkas, will be focused on Good Friday. The congregation will wear traditional Javanese clothes and se...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens