Easter celebration Javanese style in Ganjuran
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Quite different from the way most Christians celebrate Easter, Gereja Hati Kudus (Holy Heart Church) in Ganjuran, Bambanglipuro, Bantul will celebrate it in Javanese style using local tradition. This year's Easter celebrations, according to the secretary of the parish board, Tunggul Pamungkas, will be focused on Good Friday. The congregation will wear traditional Javanese clothes and se...
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights