Why talk the economy down, even when it's on the up?
PREMIUM If we were to accept Bank Indonesia's view of the economy, the average consumer would be in a permanent state of depression. It's consumer confidence index has never crossed the 100 mark into positive territory. In the best and the worst of times, it tends to hover down in the doldrums somewhere between 80 and 90. If it was taken as a real reflection of the consumer pulse, both existing...
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- Jokowi orders Setya to obey law
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Minister gives taxpayers another chance to declare hidden wealth
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased