Why talk the economy down, even when it's on the up?
PREMIUM If we were to accept Bank Indonesia's view of the economy, the average consumer would be in a permanent state of depression. It's consumer confidence index has never crossed the 100 mark into positive territory. In the best and the worst of times, it tends to hover down in the doldrums somewhere between 80 and 90. If it was taken as a real reflection of the consumer pulse, both existing...
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Riau ups wildfire alert status
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- Catholic leader forgives attacker of Yogyakarta church
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister