Govt proposes renting islands to refugees
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM With the impact of climate change likely to wipe some small islands off the map within the next 100 years, Indonesia is considering renting some of its uninhibited islands to international communities displaced by environmental disasters. Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Minister Freddy Numberi raised the idea in relation to concerns surrounding a possible rise in sea levels as climate change t...
- Govt picks Inalum to buy Freeport’s shares
- BNPB prepared for Mount Agung eruption: Head
- First Karangasem Travel Mart a huge success
- Tourism Ministry attracts European investors at London's 'Indonesia Briefing'
- HIV/AIDS prevention should also focus on men, not just sex workers: Djarot
- Deutsche Bank interested in helping SOEs buy Freeport’s shares
- Startup investment grows 60 times in five years: Research
- New 'ghost' orchid species discovered on Java
- Soeharto was a great role model: TNI chief
- Melania ads removed following Trump lawyer's complaint