World heritage listing proposed for `subak' system
Wasti Atmojo and Rita A. Widiadana
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The Indonesian government has proposed Bali's subak traditional agricultural system be considered for the World Heritage List, for exemplifying effective water usage and management, an official said Wednesday. Hari Untoro, director general for historical cultural preservation at the Culture and Tourism Ministry, said at the opening of a conference by the South and Southeast Asia Association ...
- 'Raped, killed because they are Rohingya'
- EDITORIAL: Government market intervention
- Earthquake hits Banjarnegara, kills one, destroys buildings
- Jokowi agrees to drop 14 infrastructure projects, committee says
- City cannot restore all evicted areas: Sandiaga
- Lesson from Go-Jek: Answer to Uber, Grab
- Bridge collapses in E. Java, overpass collapses in N. Sulawesi
- Millennial travelers: What’s trending in 2018
- Indonesia warns Norway over CPO ban
- Police investigate deadly overpass collapse in North Sulawesi