World heritage listing proposed for `subak' system
Wasti Atmojo and Rita A. Widiadana
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The Indonesian government has proposed Bali's subak traditional agricultural system be considered for the World Heritage List, for exemplifying effective water usage and management, an official said Wednesday. Hari Untoro, director general for historical cultural preservation at the Culture and Tourism Ministry, said at the opening of a conference by the South and Southeast Asia Association ...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- NTB creates task force to tackle garbage on Mt Rinjani
- Jakarta Council sees decline in performance of 'orange troops'
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media