A better deal for those in public office
PREMIUM Finally Indonesia is seeing an open debate on businessmen and family business in politics. During the New Order period, the public turned a blind eye to public officials and their family businesses, since business was considered an acceptable means to compensate their low official salaries. Favoritism was sometimes so blatant that in one case the IMF had to include a special clause in its ...
- Anies launches first housing project with zero down payment
- Jakarta designates lane for motorcycles
- Myanmar makes record drug bust with 30 million meth pills
- 'Millennial bravery' and taking the fight against corruption online
- Chance to push for IMF quota reform?
- Commentary: 'Minor reshuffle' and Jokowi's own political survival
- Health certificate to be compulsory for couples getting married
- Bali welcomes more South Korean tourists in 2017
- BMW ranks first, Subaru rated worst in electric vehicle survey
- ‘Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition’ slated for March