Spill pollutes Balikpapan waters
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM No white beach: Members of the Manggar Youth Forum clean up an oil slick on Batakan beach, Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, on Tuesday. The oil spill was believed to have come from a leaking oil tanker. JP/Nurni Sulaiman An unidentified black viscous substance, believed to be oil, has contaminated a 7-kilometer stretch of seawater near Batakan beach, 1.5 kilometers off the coast of Balikpapan ...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- NTB creates task force to tackle garbage on Mt Rinjani
- Jakarta Council sees decline in performance of 'orange troops'
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media