Menteng residents want more say on heritage plan
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The city administration’s plan to preserve Menteng, Central Jakarta, as cultural heritage site has been met by criticism from the area’s residents, who say the plan is highly problematic.“If the authorities wish to make Menteng a cultural heritage area, then they should first carry out a public hearing with the area’s residents, since individuals with property rights should be treated as p...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income
- Bieber not welcome thanks to 'bad behavior': Beijing authorities
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages