Environment bill likely to empower ministry
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
Legislators and officials held meetings in Jakarta on Wednesday to finalize an environmental bill, which will give the environment ministry the authority to arrest polluters and revoke business permits.Legislator Sonny Keraf said that once the bill was passed into law, the Office for the State Minister
of the Environment would have more power.“The only way to protect the environment is by gi...
- BREAKING: Indonesia's Stock Exchange evacuated after floor collapse
- Bank Indonesia, police prevent bitcoin transactions in Bali
- Cryptocurrency rivals snap at Bitcoin's heels
- Building management should be held accountable for IDX collapse: Consumers foundation
- More than 70 admitted to hospitals following collapse at IDX building
- Stock Exchange building-worthiness certificate expires this month: Anies
- Anies plans to return 'becak' to Jakarta streets
- Celine Dion Jakarta concert ticket prices announced
- Road near IDX closed until Tuesday
- Trump: 'I'm not a racist'