Environment bill likely to empower ministry
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
Legislators and officials held meetings in Jakarta on Wednesday to finalize an environmental bill, which will give the environment ministry the authority to arrest polluters and revoke business permits.Legislator Sonny Keraf said that once the bill was passed into law, the Office for the State Minister
of the Environment would have more power.“The only way to protect the environment is by gi...
- Riau tourism ambassadors to be crowned at Bujang Dara Riau 2017 pageant
- Susi reminds Central Java fishermen to stop using 'cantrang'
- Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
- Ancol to go cashless
- Google executive downplays AI’s possible threat to mankind
- How to avoid paying exorbitant import taxes on goods bought abroad
- Angelina Jolie's Cambodian genocide film deserves to be watched
- Muhammadiyah sends aid team for Rohingya
- Central bank sets ceiling fee via newly issued e-money card regulation
- Minister slams F&B firms for objecting to sugar auction plan