Environment bill likely to empower ministry
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
Legislators and officials held meetings in Jakarta on Wednesday to finalize an environmental bill, which will give the environment ministry the authority to arrest polluters and revoke business permits.Legislator Sonny Keraf said that once the bill was passed into law, the Office for the State Minister
of the Environment would have more power.“The only way to protect the environment is by gi...
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta