Revitalizing the classics
Anissa S. Febrina
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Local masterpiece: Publisher Balai Pustaka recently released Indonesian Cultural Heritage Series, a set of eight classic literary works by Indonesian writers from the 1920s to the 1940s, in a bid to make the works as appreciated as their Western counterparts. (JP/Anissa Febrina)Most of us remember them as names in our Indonesian literature textbooks, and their works as part of the reading list we ...
- Liam Gallagher postpones Jakarta concert date
- Redenomination not in near future: Jokowi
- Why RCEP is more dangerous than Bilateral Investment Treaties
- Ahok donates Rp 200 million for dancing fountain renovation
- Cut! Regulators at odds with censors
- SBY welcomes Prabowo to meeting with 'nasi goreng'
- Dutch national arrested over alleged hashish possession
- New Zealander runs half-naked around Bogor
- Bali sees increase in number of European tourists
- Papuan student jailed for resisting arrest in Yogyakarta