Opening hours for food stalls causing a stir this Ramadan
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Food stall owners in Banda Aceh, whose numbers have flourished during the month of Ramadan, claim that limited opening hours imposed by the provincial administration are hindering their profits. Under regulations set by the Aceh administration, stalls selling food for breaking the fast are only allowed to open at 4 p.m. Any earlier, and the Widayatul Hisbah (WH) sharia police have the author...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- NTB creates task force to tackle garbage on Mt Rinjani
- Jakarta Council sees decline in performance of 'orange troops'
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media