Today is Batik Day
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM If 60 million people - a quarter of the Indonesian population - will wear batik today that will be a special day indeed. Never was our traditional fabric put on the national pedestal in such a way in recent memory. Being recognized by UNESCO as an Indonesian cultural contribution to the world is a valid reason to celebrate this beautiful traditional fabric and the garments made from it. ...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media
- NTB creates task force to tackle garbage on Mt Rinjani
- Jakarta Council sees decline in performance of 'orange troops'