Bilingual education dilemma
The boom of so-called "national plus" schools in the country, which sell bilingual education programs, raises serious pedagogical and cultural concerns. From the viewpoint of second-language acquisition, learners, particularly young learners, are severely disadvantaged as they are excessively imposed to the acquisition of other languages without respect to their own native or local languages...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Jakarta Police suspend detention of treason suspect Firza Husein
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- When the devil cites the scripture...
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links