Anti-smoking bylaw meets defiance in Surabaya
Agnes S. Jayakarna and Indra Harsaputra
THE JAKARTA POST
PREMIUM Surabaya Deputy Mayor Arif Afandi is urging public order officers to be strict and consistent in prosecuting people and institutions breaking the new bylaw against smoking in public places. "There were still many public places in the city failing to provide smoking rooms and allowing people to smoke freely," he said Tuesday. "I find there is not yet any significant effects from the imple...
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission