Anti-smoking bylaw meets defiance in Surabaya
Agnes S. Jayakarna and Indra Harsaputra
THE JAKARTA POST
PREMIUM Surabaya Deputy Mayor Arif Afandi is urging public order officers to be strict and consistent in prosecuting people and institutions breaking the new bylaw against smoking in public places. "There were still many public places in the city failing to provide smoking rooms and allowing people to smoke freely," he said Tuesday. "I find there is not yet any significant effects from the imple...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law