Export drop leads to mass dismissals
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The furniture and crafts industry is being battered by the global economic downturn due to slumping export demand, the closure of more than 100 companies and dismissals of up to 1 million workers. The Association of Indonesian Furniture and Handicraft Exporters (Asmindo) revealed Friday many furniture and crafts enterprises in the country relied heavily on the export market and were therefore...
- Indonesia Instagram's biggest market in Asia Pacific
- Locals bulldoze orangutan conservation forest area in East Kalimantan
- Ubud listed among 'world's top 15 cities'
- World Bank advises Indonesia to push for reforms
- Transjakarta driver steals bus: Police
- World Bank to offer blended financing for Indonesia
- Jakarta Police welcome new chief
- Freeport to issue new shares to meet divestment requirement
- The best airport in the world just got better
- Jokowi wants detailed redenomination plans: Sri Mulyani