Issues: `Clerics call for ban on the 2012 movie'
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Several regional branches of the Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI), the country's highest self-proclaimed Islamic authority, say the doomsday-themed Hollywood movie 2012 must be banned because it runs counter to their beliefs. MUI South Kalimantan chairman Asywadie Syukur said Tuesday the government had to pay serious attention to matters that could mislead or confuse Muslims, particularly a movie li...
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights