Issues: `Clerics call for ban on the 2012 movie'
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Several regional branches of the Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI), the country's highest self-proclaimed Islamic authority, say the doomsday-themed Hollywood movie 2012 must be banned because it runs counter to their beliefs. MUI South Kalimantan chairman Asywadie Syukur said Tuesday the government had to pay serious attention to matters that could mislead or confuse Muslims, particularly a movie li...
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Gatot order on PKI film could create division: PDI-P
- New Zealand's English claims mandate to form government
- Singapore IS fighter challenges Prince Harry in video