Issues: `Clerics call for ban on the 2012 movie'
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Several regional branches of the Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI), the country's highest self-proclaimed Islamic authority, say the doomsday-themed Hollywood movie 2012 must be banned because it runs counter to their beliefs. MUI South Kalimantan chairman Asywadie Syukur said Tuesday the government had to pay serious attention to matters that could mislead or confuse Muslims, particularly a movie li...
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- Demian's 'buried alive Judge Cuts act' YouTube Trending
- Collusion reappears between Jakarta Council, administration after Ahok’s departure: Expert
- ASEAN a success story of integration
- Election law should not exist: Expert
- Mahathir defends his treatment of Anwar in 1998
- Philippine bank executive arrested for fraud
- Railway director general removed from office
- Alibaba founder coaches African entrepreneurs
- ‘Dunkirk’ not a typical war film