Marunda beach and flood canal add to fishermen's woes
The Jakarta Post
The fishermen in Marunda, North Jakarta, may have to brace for more hardship in their lives following the building of the East Flood Canal and the administration's plan to restore a public beach in the area. "The authorities asked us to remove our nets," Tiarom, a fisherman, said Friday as he looked at the fixed nets located several meters away from the opening of the east flood canal. ...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed