Gays, lesbians face discrimination in sharia Aceh
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Growing up, Faisal was not really aware that he had a different sexual orientation from his friends, but as an adult he is very conscious of his sexuality and the discrimination he suffers as a result.Faisal lives in Aceh, the only province in Indonesia that has Islamic sharia law.He was not fully aware that he was gay during junior high school and even dated several girls at school. “That was j...
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Philippines closes Boracay to tourists under high security
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2
- May Day march to concentrate on Monas area