Denpasar administration builds `farmer's trail'
DENPASAR: The Denpasar administration is constructing a strip of road across rice fields in Anggabaya village to provide local farmers with better infrastructure to move their products.
"The road will be 5 kilometers long and 2.5 meters wide. We will name it the Farmer's Trail," Denpasar agriculture agency head Gde Ambara Putra said Sunday.
The administration has allocated Rp 300 million for the construction of the road.
"It will increase the farmers' mobility, making it easier for them to move farm vehicles, fertilizer and farm produce," he said. - JP
- Grassroots war on rabies
- Good nutrition entails safe drinking water
- Award-winning comedy series ‘Silicon Valley’ returns for season 3
- Rationality, deficit in democracy
- Jokowi meets with German President, discusses death penalty
- Repair harm done to Jakarta Bay, fishermen demand
- Indonesia to learn vocational education from Germany: Minister
- 1965 victims: We don’t want communism, just reconciliation
- Cold rice balls, no flush toilets at quake-hit Japan shelter
- NU calls on govt. to reveal truth behind 1965 tragedy