Aceh sharia police loved and hated
The Jakarta Post
Hearing the words Wilayatul Hisbah (WH) or the sharia police, many people would imagine that the figures would be very pious and very religious individuals: officers wearing Islamic uniforms very similar to the Taliban in Afghanistan, or at least similar to the inhabitants of pesantren (Islamic boarding schools).
The one thing that distinguishes the sharia police from ordinary people ...
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles