Aceh sharia police loved and hated
The Jakarta Post
Hearing the words Wilayatul Hisbah (WH) or the sharia police, many people would imagine that the figures would be very pious and very religious individuals: officers wearing Islamic uniforms very similar to the Taliban in Afghanistan, or at least similar to the inhabitants of pesantren (Islamic boarding schools).
The one thing that distinguishes the sharia police from ordinary people ...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden