Muhammad Marzuki: Hip-hop a la Java
The Jakarta Post
JP/Tarko SudiarnoWho said hip-hop was only for young people?
Just look at Muhammad Marzuki who performs on the stage a musical style that was born in the African-American community in the United States. Older and cultured people like Sindhunata S.J. and artist Butet Kartaredjasa are often seen together with other fans in Yogyakarta.
Marzuki was born in Klaten, Central Java, in 1976,...
- Obama's vacation beneficial to Indonesia tourism: Minister
- Obama set to visit Yogyakarta
- US military vessels entered RI waters: Indonesian Navy
- Knife-carrying man nabbed for breaking into headquarters of Central Java Police
- Government resolved to further slash dwell times this year
- North Sumatra police attacker spent six months in Syria: Police
- Greenland now a major driver of rising seas: study
- Interfaith forum condemns terror attack in North Sumatra
- Jokowi donates staple food packages during hometown visit
- Brazil's president counterattacks after graft charge