Muhammad Marzuki: Hip-hop a la Java
The Jakarta Post
JP/Tarko SudiarnoWho said hip-hop was only for young people?
Just look at Muhammad Marzuki who performs on the stage a musical style that was born in the African-American community in the United States. Older and cultured people like Sindhunata S.J. and artist Butet Kartaredjasa are often seen together with other fans in Yogyakarta.
Marzuki was born in Klaten, Central Java, in 1976,...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students