Taskforce sets sights on illegal logging mafia allegations
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The Judicial Mafia Taskforce is looking into allegations that case brokers played a role in a number of illegal logging cases as the country strives to protect forests to fulfill a pledge to cut greenhouse gas emissions.Taskforce member Mas Achmad Santosa said they were studying controversial verdicts in illegal logging cases, including the case of fugitive convict Adelin Lis who fled the country ...
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president
- Frenchman breaks new record for sailing solo around the world
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study