Vina feels younger with new album
The Jakarta Post
Pop diva Vina Panduwinata might be getting older, but her recent album has given her a new lease on life.
"The work I did with other musicians on this album brought a breath of fresh air to my life," said the 51-year-old when launching her album Kekuatan Cinta (The Power of Love) in Jakarta last week. "This album has given me strength - I feel fresher and younger," she added.
Kekuatan Cinta consists of 13 new songs, with Cinta Terakhir (The Last Love) being the first single. According to Vina, the album brings together themes of love, life and God.
"Love, life and God are things that can't be separated from us," she said. "You can feel a whole new mood in this album, as I've tried to convey my messages more interactively."
Despite releasing dozens of albums and receiving many awards, Vina said she had never considered herself the best singer.
"I've never wanted to be number one, especially now," she said. "I know artists making a comeback is a regular thing, so I'm happy to compete with younger singers," she added. - JP
- Parties launch diversity campaign, counter anti-Ahok rally
- Setya Novanto, Surya Paloh stand up for diversity after anti-Ahok rally
- Ahok supporters lambasted for bringing party attributes to Car Free Day
- Trump's call inspires hope in Taiwan, concern in Beijing
- Transjakarta summons operator for allegedly renting out buses for political gathering
- In remote Indian village, cannabis is its only livelihood
- Jokowi feels euphoria on pitch after victory over Vietnam
- Indonesia keeps hopes high after 2-1 win over Vietnam
- Four dead, one missing as storms lash southern Thailand
- First victim found, 12 remain missing in police plane crash