Fatayat seeks to level field with NU clerics
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Women's activists within Nahdlatul Ulama (NU), dubbed the most influential Islamic organization in Indonesia, on Sunday said more discussion was needed between them and the NU's male-dominated board of clerics to prevent the issuance of edicts that discriminated against women. During its national congress in Makassar, NU clerics issued an edict supporting the practice of female circumcision, ...
- World Bank to offer blended financing for Indonesia
- Locals bulldoze orangutan conservation forest area in East Kalimantan
- Ubud listed among 'world's top 15 cities'
- Penyengat Island to focus on religious tourism
- Jakarta Police welcome new chief
- World Bank advises Indonesia to push for reforms
- Indonesia Instagram's biggest market in Asia Pacific
- The best airport in the world just got better
- Options prepared to reform Batam management
- Japan joins feasibility study for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Govt