Thousands of Papuans rally again for referendum
Nethy Dharma Somba and Markus Makur
The Jakarta Post
More than 5,000 Papuans rallied outside the regional representative council in Jayapura on Thursday to demand a referendum on autonomy in the latest of a series of protests.“Don’t ignore the demand for a referendum. The government should understand the reasons why Papuans are always asking for a referendum,” Fajar Timur School of Philosophy head Neles Tebay told The Jakarta Post in Jayapura....
- Wealth of four richest Indonesians equal to wealth of 100m poorest
- Jokowi threatens to take action if Freeport are 'difficult'
- COMMENTARY: Freeport's threat of arbitration simply a ploy to block mining reform
- BI predicts lower GDP growth in first quarter
- Indonesia drafting rules to end bank secrecy
- Democracy ‘gone too far’: Jokowi
- OJK to launch first green bond mechanism
- Indonesia seeks Saudi Arabia’s support to develop Sumatra tourism
- Transportation Ministry to issue NOTAM for King Salman’s arrival
- Madame Tussauds Hong Kong to feature Jokowi wax figure this summer