Investigative reporter found dead
The Jakarta Post
BALIKPAPAN, East Kalimantan: Kompas journalist Muhammad Syaefullah was found dead at his home Monday with froth observed in his mouth.
Syaefullah previously investigated allegations of illegal coal mining practices in the region.
Balikpapan police chief Aji Rafik, said he would not speculate on the cause of death. "Frothing at the mouth does not necessarily indicate poisoning. It could have been heart attack or lung failure," he said.
The autopsy later gave out that Syaefullah suffered a rupture in blood vessels due to diabetes. - JP
- Convenient confusion: Indonesia's incorporation of international law
- Indonesia up 15 places in Ease of Doing Business index
- Govt to allow nickel ore, bauxite exports under new rules
- Leessang’s Kang Gary to leave ‘Running Man’
- Indonesia-Australia continue to strengthen cooperation: Bishop
- Jessica prepared for Thursday's verdict
- Govt foils attempts to smuggle Rp 33.15b worth lobster seeds
- Green facility launched to promote economy, achieves climate targets
- Jokowi set to open Interpol conference in Bali next month
- BREAKING NEWS: Judges sentence Jessica to 20 years in prison