Investigative reporter found dead
The Jakarta Post
BALIKPAPAN, East Kalimantan: Kompas journalist Muhammad Syaefullah was found dead at his home Monday with froth observed in his mouth.
Syaefullah previously investigated allegations of illegal coal mining practices in the region.
Balikpapan police chief Aji Rafik, said he would not speculate on the cause of death. "Frothing at the mouth does not necessarily indicate poisoning. It could have been heart attack or lung failure," he said.
The autopsy later gave out that Syaefullah suffered a rupture in blood vessels due to diabetes. - JP
- Bandung Mayor Ridwan Kamil apologizes for Christmas service raid
- Indonesian Military deploys personnel for Aceh quake relief
- Protest persecution of Rohingyas, not just Ahok: Malaysian PM
- Sari Roti stock down amid boycott campaign
- Indonesia advances to AFF Cup finals
- FPI won't gain popularity from recent anti-Ahok rallies, expert says
- Experiencing the beauty of the Balkans in Bulgaria
- Jokowi orders all-out rescue effort as Aceh quake death toll rises
- Indonesia’s ‘Single’s Day’ set to delight e-shoppers
- Strong earthquake destroys buildings in Aceh