Timun suri', fruit of Ramadan
The Jakarta Post
As the fasting month of Ramadan approaches, the city and groups of farmers have anticipated some traditional cuisines including various drinks made of lemon cucumber, or locally known as timun suri. Harvest time: Farmer Lili, 35, picks a yellow cucumber from his plot of land in Kembangan, West Jakarta, on Monday. JP/Novia Tirtarahayu TijajaLemon cucumber is a member of the gourd family widely...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed