Blackouts persist, despite presidential ban
The Jakarta Post
MATARAM, West Nusa Tenggara: Electricity blackouts have again plagued Lombok last week — a month after President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono declared a “No Blackout Day” in Mataram on July 27.
State-owned power operator PLN previously promised an end to planned rolling blackouts in West Nusa Tenggara (NTB), NTB’s Legal Aid Foundation official Basri Mulyani said.
“This has beco...
- Ahok's wife joins Twilite Orchestra practice session, plays cello
- Police fire tear gas at Bekasi church protestors
- IN MEMORIAM: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- Indonesia stops meat imports from Brazil
- Alleged terrorists wanted to make Halmahera new Poso: Police
- Indonesia to build maritime, fisheries center in Nunukan: Minister
- One killed, six injured in Bali boat collision
- Ahok to ensure adequate health services for Jakartans
- Jokowi to inaugurate center of Islam of the Archipelago
- Missing NZ tourist found dead