Blackouts persist, despite presidential ban
The Jakarta Post
MATARAM, West Nusa Tenggara: Electricity blackouts have again plagued Lombok last week — a month after President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono declared a “No Blackout Day” in Mataram on July 27.
State-owned power operator PLN previously promised an end to planned rolling blackouts in West Nusa Tenggara (NTB), NTB’s Legal Aid Foundation official Basri Mulyani said.
“This has beco...
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- Jokowi maintains merciless stance on drug dealers
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Odd-even traffic policy at Cikampek toll road to be implemented in morning