Blackouts persist, despite presidential ban
The Jakarta Post
MATARAM, West Nusa Tenggara: Electricity blackouts have again plagued Lombok last week — a month after President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono declared a “No Blackout Day” in Mataram on July 27.
State-owned power operator PLN previously promised an end to planned rolling blackouts in West Nusa Tenggara (NTB), NTB’s Legal Aid Foundation official Basri Mulyani said.
“This has beco...
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles