Hirata whisked away to the US for Idul Fitri
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM JP/ID NugrohoJAKARTA: Author of the tetralogy Laskar Pelangi (Rainbow Warriors), Andrea Hirata, will celebrate Idul Fitri in the United States as he won a fellowship for an International Writing program at the University of Iowa. The program runs from Aug. 28 to Nov. 16. “Sadly, I will celebrate this year’s Idul Fitri in the land of Uncle Sam,” he said as quoted by Antara. “I h...
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- Florida cities are most at risk from climate change: Report