Hirata whisked away to the US for Idul Fitri
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM JP/ID NugrohoJAKARTA: Author of the tetralogy Laskar Pelangi (Rainbow Warriors), Andrea Hirata, will celebrate Idul Fitri in the United States as he won a fellowship for an International Writing program at the University of Iowa. The program runs from Aug. 28 to Nov. 16. “Sadly, I will celebrate this year’s Idul Fitri in the land of Uncle Sam,” he said as quoted by Antara. “I h...
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- For bankers transplanted by Brexit, a guide to life in Frankfurt
- Myanmar's ethnic Rakhine seek Muslim-free 'buffer zone'