After census city plans for 9.5 million
The Jakarta Post
Officials will adjust city transportation, housing and demographic policies after the latest census said that Jakarta’s population was 9.58 million — surpassing the 15-year forecast.
“All officials must comply with the census results. It’s clear that the result will demand greater attention to family planning,” Governor Fauzi Bowo said, adding that the city would improve rail tra...
- Agnez Mo announces collaboration with Chris Brown
- Flights to Bali fall by 30 percent: Inaca
- Apartment construction work blamed for floods in Central Jakarta
- Garcia Marquez archive now accessible online
- Thousands of passengers stuck as ‘angkot’ drivers strike
- Setya's pretrial hearing adjourned until Thursday
- Five cadets found guilty of murder
- Urban problems worsening this year: LBH Jakarta
- Garuda Indonesia signs 10-year contract extension with GMF
- Most pumps work well, says agency on Jakarta's recent floods