After census city plans for 9.5 million
The Jakarta Post
Officials will adjust city transportation, housing and demographic policies after the latest census said that Jakarta’s population was 9.58 million — surpassing the 15-year forecast.
“All officials must comply with the census results. It’s clear that the result will demand greater attention to family planning,” Governor Fauzi Bowo said, adding that the city would improve rail tra...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Plagiarism: What can we learn from Afi's case
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats