Zaskia to celebrate Idul Fitri at cinemas
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: It’s going to be a special Idul Fitri for actress Zaskia Adya Mecca and her husband, movie director Hanung Bramantyo, as they plan to spend it rather differently: Trolling Jakarta’s cinemas to hear criticism first hand.
With Hanung’s latest movie, Sang Pencerah (The Enlighter), will be hitting cinemas over Idul Fitri. Zaskia says they can’t wait to witness audiences’ enthusiasm for the movie on the spot.
“We’ll be touring movie theaters on this year’s Idul Fitri to gauge audiences’ responses,” said Zaskia, 23, who tied the knot with Hanung, 35, in September last year. “We don’t mind working [over Idul Fitri] because it’s something we love to do,” she adds.
Zaskia, who is seven months pregnant, also took the role of casting director in the movie.
“I just wanted to learn the process behind the scenes,” said Zaskia, who picked pop-band Nidji’s vocalist Giring Ganesha, Indonesian Idol’s winner Ihsan and actor Sudjiwo Tedjo to star in the movie. — JP
- Two foreign tourists die in motorcycle accident in Bali
- LPG explosion in Pizza Hut outlet destroys four buildings
- Govt urged to pay more attention to farmers' welfare
- EU supports development of Lake Toba tourism
- 1 dead after 2 explosions hit Japanese city; cause unclear
- Jokowi's achievements need closer scrutiny: Indef
- Victory in sight, Clinton still grapples with negative views
- Hong Kong to lure tourists with food festival
- Man accused of charging illegal fees to former East Timor residents
- Junko Tabei, 1st woman to climb Everest, dies at 77