Govt says roads ready for Lebaran exodus
The Jakarta Post
The Public Works Ministry announced Tuesday that 11,000 kilometers of road across Sumatra, Java, Bali, Kalimantan and Sulawesi had been prepared to accommodate increased traffic during the Idul Fitri exodus.
The ministry predicts that 17 million people will take part in this year’s exodus, with 3.6 million motorcycles and 1.3 private cars hitting the roads.
Djoko Murjanto, the min...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Jambi tribes may not be able to vote in upcoming elections
- Video of Malaysian PM Mahathir driving Proton Perdana goes viral
- Police nab ‘conspiracy theorists’ following Surabaya bombings