Govt says roads ready for Lebaran exodus
The Jakarta Post
The Public Works Ministry announced Tuesday that 11,000 kilometers of road across Sumatra, Java, Bali, Kalimantan and Sulawesi had been prepared to accommodate increased traffic during the Idul Fitri exodus.
The ministry predicts that 17 million people will take part in this year’s exodus, with 3.6 million motorcycles and 1.3 private cars hitting the roads.
Djoko Murjanto, the min...
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- Ahok's controversial speech not aimed at wooing voters: Expert
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- Lion Air co-founder awarded Légion d'Honneur