The Ground Zero furor
The Jakarta Post
The widespread American resistance toward proposals to build a Muslim community center and mosque near Ground Zero, is, some note, alarmingly similar to al-Qaeda’s view of the “clash of civilizations”: that there is no such thing as religious harmony.
To build an Islamic center near the spot where terrorists, who happened to be Muslims, attacked the mighty symbols of the United States...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination