Colorful masks: A new trend in Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Colorful fabric masks covering the mouths and noses of people in public places are seen more and more often as a new fashion has swept the city.
Regardless of the inconvenience, the trend is a simple measure taken by many people to protect themselves from air pollution on the city’s streets, public buses and trains.
“Air pollution in Jakarta is getting worse and I don’t want t...
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Jokowi maintains merciless stance on drug dealers
- Odd-even traffic policy at Cikampek toll road to be implemented in morning