Kuntoro Mangkusubroto chairs REDD+ task force
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has signed a decree on a task force to prepare the establishment of institutions needed to implement a climate deal between Indonesia and Norway.
The decree, signed on Sept. 20, appointed Kuntoro Mangkusu-broto — now chief of the Presidential Work Unit for Development Monitoring and Control ( UKP4 ) — as chairman of the task force.
Task force members include Heru Prasetyo, Anny Ratnawati, Lukita Dinarsyah Tuwo, Joyo Winoto, Hadi Daryanto, Masnellyarti Hilman, Agus Purnomo, Imam Santoso and Nirarta Samadhi.
Article 3 of the decree states that the task force would work to ensure the formulation of a national strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+) and the national plan of action to cut emissions. — JP
- Parties launch diversity campaign, counter anti-Ahok rally
- Ahok supporters lambasted for bringing party attributes to Car Free Day
- Setya Novanto, Surya Paloh stand up for diversity after anti-Ahok rally
- Trump's call inspires hope in Taiwan, concern in Beijing
- Transjakarta summons operator for allegedly renting out buses for political gathering
- In remote Indian village, cannabis is its only livelihood
- Italians vote in referendum, Renzi vows to quit if he loses
- Jokowi feels euphoria on pitch after victory over Vietnam
- Ill-fated police plane carrying 13 exploded after hitting water: Witnesses
- First victim found, 12 remain missing in police plane crash