Kuntoro Mangkusubroto chairs REDD+ task force
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has signed a decree on a task force to prepare the establishment of institutions needed to implement a climate deal between Indonesia and Norway.
The decree, signed on Sept. 20, appointed Kuntoro Mangkusu-broto — now chief of the Presidential Work Unit for Development Monitoring and Control ( UKP4 ) — as chairman of the task force.
Task force members include Heru Prasetyo, Anny Ratnawati, Lukita Dinarsyah Tuwo, Joyo Winoto, Hadi Daryanto, Masnellyarti Hilman, Agus Purnomo, Imam Santoso and Nirarta Samadhi.
Article 3 of the decree states that the task force would work to ensure the formulation of a national strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+) and the national plan of action to cut emissions. — JP
- Beijing under no illusion Manila will pivot away from Washington
- Reference rate cut will not ‘greatly affect bank rates’
- Malaysians encouraged to invest in Indonesian tourism
- Chinese projects not yet translating
- Man detained after picture of bruised girlfriend goes viral
- Protesters demand Ahok’s imprisonment
- Malaysia deports 78 Indonesian workers
- NU volunteers praise Ahok for his attention to Muslims
- Over 50,000 evacuated in typhoon's path in southern China
- Girl killed by falling board at school