Sitor gets lifetime award in Ubud
Prodita Sabarini and Desy Nurhayati
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Bali’s famous writers festival kicked off Wednesday by handing over, for the first time in its history, a lifetime achievement award to Indonesian senior writer Sitor Situmorang. Welcome dance: Padma Nara Swara performers stage the Lambang Sari dance during the opening ceremony of the Citibank Ubud Writers and Readers Festival 2010 at Puri Ubud, Bali, on Wednesday evening. More than 130 writers ...
- Kim becomes first North Korean leader to cross border into South since war
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2