NY Muslim leader talks on moderate Islam
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Feisal Abdul RaufUS President Barack Obama has yet to arrive, but Feisal Abdul Rauf, the imam behind the planned Muslim community center close to Ground Zero in New York, is already here to lecture members of Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s Cabinet on religious tolerance.After meeting with Yudhoyono on Friday, Rauf delivered a lecture on “Promoting Moderate Islam and Str...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law