Merapi evacuees return to a wasteland
The Jakarta Post
After more than a month of living at makeshift shelters, thousands of victims of the Mt. Merapi eruptions started to return home to their devastated houses and villages on Saturday.
They decided to go home after the Volcanic Technology Development and Research Agency lowered Merapi’s alert status as of Friday evening.
However, many returned home briefly on Saturday to survey the da...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Costly holiday
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back