Massage parlors raided in S. Tangerang
The Jakarta Post
TANGERANG: Public order officers in South Tangerang have raided scores of massage parlors in Bumi Serpong Damai (BSD) City after complaints from residents about rampant prostitution in the suburban complex.
The officers nabbed 75 alleged sex workers in a number of massage parlors in BSD’s shopping complex on Jl. Raya Serpong.
“We will send warnings to owners of these places not to use them as brothels,” said Muhamad Hasyim, an officer in charge of the operation.
Hasyim said that should the establishments fail to heed the warnings, the city would close them immediately.
Residents have complained about brothels masquerading as massage parlors in the districts of South Tangerang, Serpong, Pamulang, Ciputat, Setu.
“I think BSD is the easiest place to find escort women given the variety of choices and affordable prices,” said Adrian, a 34-year-old resident of Paku Jaya subdistrict, North Serpong.
Ardian said he spent only between Rp 65,000 and Rp 150,000 per hour for a room. Prices for the women are negotiable, he said. — JP
- Industry risks startup bubble
- Indonesia calls for rejuvenated UN for successful SDGs
- South Korea launches second Indonesian submarine
- Indonesia, Malaysia eye trade expansion beyond palm oil, petroleum
- Jokowi instructs military, police to eradicate illegal levies
- Sampoerna projects 2 percent decline in cigarette sales this year
- Govt sets up special unit to tackle illegal levies
- 'Thank you for no more discrimination against Chinese-Indonesians'
- Ahok explains to police about religious defamation allegation
- Indonesia lures Japanese to invest in Batam